Collected Personal Data:
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, date of birth, email address, phone number and payment identifier(s) you want to associate with your account.
- Details of transaction data from purchases that you make, using the credit or debit card(s) you have associated with your account, from retailers. This will include amount, time and date, and location of that particular transaction.
- Details of which offers you click on within the Service, and when.
- We may collect private information that you grant us permission to collect, and public information, from third party websites such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Google and Twitter. If we decide to do so, the first time we request access to private information from a third party website, that website will ask your permission to allow us to access the private information. You have the right to revoke access to the Service via your associated accounts with those third party websites.
The purposes of processing your Personal Data
We process your personal data for the following reasons:
- In order to provide the Service to you, meaning that we will view your transaction data in order to present you with offers at our partner retailers, which may be general or tailored to your location and prior purchases.
- We keep information that we collect about your purchases and related information (including amounts, place and time) and use it for aggregated and anonymised statistical analysis. This is in order to improve the matching of partner retailers to you based on your spending profile (although please note the retailer will never be able to identify you specifically and will only see your spending preferences in an aggregated way).
- We keep information about your other transaction data such as from retailers that are not currently on the Tapit Offers platform. This is for the purpose of customising your content and understanding your preferences, as well as to improve the matching of partner retailers to you. All such data will be anonymised upon collection. We explicitly request your consent to sharing the data when you first sign up to Tapit Offers.
- We aggregate information that we have collected about you with other users’ information (including e.g. specific spending behavior) to create aggregated data sets – which don’t reveal anything about you individually that help us, retailers and other partners of ours to understand anonymised consumer behavior.
- We may send you notices via e-mail, WhatsApp, or notification from the Service.
The Legal Basis for Processing your data
We rely on your consent for processing the above categories of your data. You grant us permission to process your data when you sign up via our app and specifically accept the processing of your data in order to provide you with the Service.
Where we obtain your Personal Data from
When signing up, you approve the Service obtaining access data associated with the respective bank account you use to sign up to the Service. We obtain your personal data via access to that bank account. We may also obtain private information that you grant us permission to collect, and public information, from third party websites such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Google and Twitter. You have the right to revoke access to the Service via your associated accounts with those third party websites.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to optimise the quality of the Service and to report aggregate information to our partners.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your mobile device. A cookie is a text-only string of data that is entered into the cookie file or ‘memory’ of the browser on your computer. It will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies help us to improve the Service and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to tailor our services according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our services.
Recipients of your Data
We may disclose your personal information to any current or future member of the Tapit Offers group of companies, which might entail subsidiaries or holding companies.
We may disclose usage patterns and other analytics on aggregated data sets (these data sets aggregating your and other users’ information) to retailers and banks we work with.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, on the condition that (i) we will limit any such disclosure the extent necessary for the purpose of the transaction, and (ii) they do not use it prior to such purchase or sale for any purpose other than the evaluation of the purchase or sale;
- If Tapit or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Terms and/or other agreements; or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Tapit Labs Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For certain purchases, including e.g. venue bookings, we may have to introduce you directly to the venue to facilitate the booking. In that case, you will be notified within the app.
We do not currently transfer to, or store your data at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area.
The Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Storage of your Data
Your data is stored on servers in Ireland.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and bank level encryption to prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, however we cannot guarantee without doubt the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk.
Unless we are required to retain your personal data by law, we will delete your personal data (other than data that has been anonymised and aggregated for statistical purposes) within 30 days of you notifying us that you no longer wish to use the Service.
In order to provide you with a more tailored Service and offers more relevant to you, we will process and evaluate your transaction data in regards to the type and location of prior purchases you have made as well as location data of app usage.
OUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Full name of legal entity: Tapit Labs Ltd (Company Number 668017)
Email address: tapus@Tapit.ie